Tanning services are available in our clubs for both Members and non-Members who are the age of majority and older.
Our trained associates promote Smart Tan practices which emphasize responsible tanning. At GoodLife Fitness, we pride ourselves on ensuring all of our members tan using GoodLife Smart Tanning Guidelines. These Guidelines are in place to reduce the risk of burning and over-exposure and provide a responsible tan each and every time. We also offer indoor tanning lotion and protective eyewear for sale in our tanning salons.
In addition to the world-class service provided to each tanning client in our salon, you will enjoy:
Our Lay-Down Bed features high-quality 100 watt 'Velocity Brand' lamps, a 7ft long curved comfortable acrylic bed, digital display timer, and a variable speed cooling fan.
Lay-Down Beds are great for a clean, comfortable tan. They are perfect for those looking to lie down, relax and enjoy their tanning experience.
Our Stand-Up Booth features high-quality 160 watt 'Wolff Reflector' lamps, a 2m lamp height for head-to-toe tanning, 360° format to prevent tan lines, and an advanced cooling system.
Stand-Up Booths are great for quick tans with no tan lines. They are ideal for those who want the darkest results possible in the least amount of time.
At GoodLife Fitness, we pride ourselves on ensuring all of our members tan using Smart Tanning Guidelines. These Guidelines are in place to reduce the risk of burning and over-exposure and provide a responsible tan for our members each and everytime.
Tanners must be age of majority in jurisdiction of residence
• Age of majority is 18 years for Ontario, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
• Age of majority is 19 years for British Columbia, New Brunswick , Nova Scotia and
• Our skin is rapidly developing and maturing as we age, waiting until the age of majority
to tan ensures skin has fully matured and is ready to receive UV exposure.
Individuals with skin type #1 cannot tan
• Individuals with skin type #1 do not have the ability to tan . Very low melanin pigmentation puts them at a very high risk for burning and over-exposure. Indoor and outdoor exposure for these individuals should be avoided. Using a self-tanner or spray tanning are great options for these members.
Certified eyewear must be worn at all times
• Not wearing eyewear during the tanning process poses a very high risk to the eye as over 50% of UV light penetrates the eyelids indoors and outdoors. Not using eyewear can lead to cataracts, night/color blindness and other irreversible eye conditions. Certified reusable and disposable eyewear can be purchased at the front desk.
Tanning sessions must be spaced at least 48 hours apart
• Similar to working out specific muscle groups, it is importan t to leave a day between exposures to let your tan build. The day in between your tans is actually the day your tanning results will increase the most. Only allowing tanning every second day ensures our members are tanning in moderation and reducing the risk of over-exposure.
The golden rule: never burn!
• Damage to the skin occurs when an individual is exposed to U V rays for too long and the skin burns. We recommend you follow the guidelines set out by our Associates. They assess all members’ skin types and tanning history in order to decide on an appropriate tanning session length to avoid burning.
We offer professional indoor tanning lotions! Lotions help prepare your skin to receive ultraviolet (UV) light, and also offer protection than bare skin alone. Using a lotion keeps your skin moisturized and can leave it with a wonderful scent. Tanning once with a lotion is like tanning three times without a lotion, quicker results!
We know that you want the deepest, darkest tan possible without sacrificing the health of your skin. Moisturized, healthy skin tans faster, stays tanned longer and gives you the most beautiful tan you are capable of achieving.
We offer lotions in the following categories:
Protective eyewear stops 99% of UVA light & 99.9% of UVB light, allowing only visible light through so you can see while you tan. If your eyes are left unprotected, you risk serious injury such as retinal damage, blurred night vision and possibly cataracts.
Everyone must wear eye protection while tanning in our salon.