At GoodLife we strive to create an environment that is safe and welcoming. Our vision is to give all Canadians the opportunity to live a fit and healthy Good Life. We have a zero tolerance approach to abusive and aggressive behaviour.
To accomplish this we require that our Members and all guests abide by the following simple rules.
Behaviour & Dress
- Conduct yourself in a well-mannered fashion.
- Approach other Members and Associates in a friendly and respectful way.
- Allow fellow Members to work in between sets.
- Replace all weights/equipment to their proper place when you are finished using them.
- Place dumbbells/weight equipment lightly on the floor after each use.
- Use of mobile devices is permitted in common areas of the Club. Refrain from using mobile devices in the change rooms, Group Fitness classes or while using equipment.
- Request permission from Club management if you need to take photos or videos in the Club. Image capturing is not permitted in the change room area.
- Please be respectful of the Club hours and ensure you have enough time to leave the Club at or before the closing time.
- Workout bags are to be kept locked in lockers and are not allowed on the workout floor.
- Chalk is not permitted in the Club.
- Wipe down your equipment after use.
- During busy times, limit time on each cardiovascular machine to 20 minutes.
- For your health and safety, wear appropriate exercise clothing and proper athletic footwear when in a Club. Guidance as to suitable attire may be obtained from the General Manager of the Club.
- For consideration of our members and associates who have Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, please refrain from using scented products in the club, or wearing perfume or cologne to the club.
Memberships / Membership Card
- A Membership Card will be issued to each Member when they join a Club. Your card is exclusively yours and is not transferable.
- A Membership entitles Members to use the facilities available at their Home Club and other locations if your Membership type allows.
- Each Member must have his/her card swiped for security and verification on each visit to a Club.
- Any Member attending a Club without a valid Membership Card will be required to provide proof of identification.
- Tanners must be age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. You also must be prepared to present photo ID prior to tanning or with the purchase of any package.
- Protective eye wear must be worn at all times.
- For more Tanning guidelines, visit us online.
Guest and Visitors
- Members may bring guests to a Club upon payment of $15 (including applicable tax). Guests must be signed in and meet with a GoodLife associate at the Front desk before entering the Club.
Proper Sign-In Procedure for Guests:
- All guests must sign the Guest Sign-In Form
- All guests must present photo ID and pay the guest fee
- If a Member is a guest in a Club that is not included in their Membership type, there is a $5 fee (including applicable tax) to be paid at the Front Desk.
- Lockers are available for you to use on a first come, first serve basis. You must provide your own lock and lock your locker while in use, both for security, and to show other people that the locker is occupied. Use of lockers is at your own risk and GoodLife Fitness is not liable for any theft of or damage to your property.
- With the exception of any designated rented lockers (if applicable at your location), lockers are available for day use only
Pools & Steam Rooms
- Individuals under the age of 12 are not permitted in the Pools, Whirlpool Spas, Sauna or Steam Rooms unless supervised by a person who is 16 years of age or older.
We may terminate your Membership (if applicable) and may refuse you entry into a Club or eject you from a Club if you commit a serious or repeated breach of these Rules or your Membership contract (if applicable) or if you engage in any other serious misconduct.
We thank you for your co-operation.