On September 15, the Alberta Government announced "new measures to protect the health care system, stop the spread of COVID-19, and increase vaccination rates." Starting September 20, businesses like GoodLife must follow one of these two options:
1. Implement the Restrictions Exemption Program, requiring proof of vaccination or a negative rapid test result to continue operating as usual, or
2. Follow significant operating restrictions and capacity limits as outlined by the Alberta Government.
GoodLife will abide by the province's Restrictions Exemption Program which will require Members who are working out in our Clubs must provide proof of vaccination or negative rapid test. This temporary government mandated program goes into effect on Monday, September 20.
In choosing this option, we are able to keep our Clubs open, maintain as many amenities as possible for our Members, and keep our Associates working.
How does this impact GoodLife Members?
According to the province, these temporary public health options apply to all fitness facilities in Alberta, not just GoodLife Clubs. Effective September 20, 2021, everyone will need to provide one of the following options to workout in our Clubs:
1. Proof of vaccination
- The date of administration of the last required dose must be at least 14 days prior to the date the Member is coming in for their workout.
- A single dose of COVID-19 vaccination will be accepted between September 20 and October 25.
- Proof of double vaccination is required after October 25.
- For more information, please review the regulations on the Alberta Government website.
2. Proof of a privately-paid negative PCR or rapid test taken no more than 72 hours prior to your workout
- The government has declared that tests from Alberta Health Services or Alberta Precision Laboratories are not permitted
3. Documentation of a medical exemption
Member Check-In Process
Members must come to the Club with the following pieces of information:
1. The physical or digital vaccination document
(a) OR proof of a privately-paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of your workout
(b) OR documentation of a medical exemption
2. GoodLife Member Key Tag for entry into the Club once vaccination status has been confirmed.
Once the Member's identification and vaccination record have been confirmed, the Member will check-in to the Club using their key tag as normal. Alternatively, Members have the option to sign up to add Fast Pass to their record, which will allow them to access the Club without having to show their vaccination documentation on each visit. For more information, please see the Fast Pass section below.